Prescribed with warfurin. Got side effects like kidney damage and bleeding. Suggest alternative medication

My doctor has given me a prescription for warfurin..generic name cumin. After reading the data sheet on warfurin with all the potential side effects, potential liver, kidney damage /problems, adverse interaction with green vegetables (leavy greens with vitamin K) and vitamin C, problems with bleeding (I'm 70 yrs old, live in rural Nevada, get bit by bugs, etc, cut myself occasionally while doing maintenance around my properly or working on my motorcycles) 30 miles from the nearest hospital, 20 minutes min for paramedic help, I, therefore refuse to take this poison!! By the way, I currently take .3mg Clonidines 2X daily, & 10mg Amlodipine once daily.
I came across RIVERAXABAN (FROM SANITIZER??) but the above info says Bayer. Riveraxaban doesn't appear any more safer than the warfurin from the previous info I've read on line. Neither data sheets on Warfurin or Riveraxaban say anything about interaction, good, bad or ugly, with the 2 meds I'm taking. At this point I'm considering taking neither and calling my Herbalist who has helped in past with alternatives to pharmaceuticals that have worked. (Years ago my doctor at Kaiser did this for me: but I can't belong to Kaiser living in Nevada). Your feedback please......and any alternative medication, i.e. herb or ? you'd recommend. Thank you. XXXX XXXX, XXXXXXX Nevada
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Warfarin could pose risk

Detailed Answer:

I agree with you that taking warfarin would surely pose risk in terms of bleeding. Alternate medications like herbal preparations can be tried, considering the indication for warfarin may not be strong. High altitude induces polycythemia which can present wrong lab reports as a result of acclimatization.

Rivaroxaban is similar to Warfarin in potency and side effect profile, most of the anticoagulants of the class present with same risk. Hence, planning on herbal preparation is good.

I am sorry, as I do not practice herbal medications I would be unable to advice you some. Do consult a herbal medication specialist for the cause.

Hope, I answered your query.