Prescribed with stalopam plus and zolefresh to control anxiety. Addiction? Alternate medicine?

i have been provided stalopam plus and zolefresh 5 mg to sleep. however to control my anxiety in day time the phycision prescribed me zolefresh 5 mg at break fast also. i am feeling well but i think this is an addiction step .so please give me some alternative medicine.
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 39 minutes later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

Zolpidem is mainly useful in sleep disturbances. It has less effect in controlling anxiety.
You should consult qualified psychiatrist for detailed evaluation of anxiety.

Persistence of anxiety might be due to
- Inadequate dose of escitalopram (stalopam plus contains escitalopram + clonazepam)
- Use of substance like nicotine or smoking
- Other diagnosis like early dementia

Doctor, after ruling out other diagnosis, may advise you to increase dose of escitalopram or may switch over to different antidepressant drug like peroxetine or may offer anxiolytic like buspirone which do not have much sedative effect.

You may get benefit by doing stress management and relaxation exercise like yoga, meditation or breathing exercise.
You may also get benefit by counselling or psychotherapy.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have further query.