Prescribed with feryl m and maxoza after semen analysis. Suggest

Mar 2013
my sperm count is 18 millions per cc and motality is doctor advised feryl m and maxoza l .can you give me an advise for me.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Normally, the sperm count should be more than 20 millions per cc, and motility should be more than 50 %. So your sperm motility is normal, but the count is slightly low , that too, borderline. Before starting to worry, I would ask you to repeat the semen analysis test ( make sure that you provide the sample at the laboratory itself, and it is not transported, and that you provide the semen sample after 3 days of abstinence ). There are various causes for diminished sperm count. Anxiety , stress, recent illness, fever or surgery, drugs, alcohol, smoking, tobacco consumption in any form, hot tubs or steam and sauna baths,prolonged periods of abstinence, over long periods of transportation to the laboratory, tight undergarments, exposure to toxic chemicals and gases - all these can contribute. Structural obstructions in the ducts carrying the sperm can lead to a low count - these could be caused by infections. Genetic defects, hormonal imbalances, chromosomal disorders - all these lead to Oligospermia ( a low sperm count ). Since the causes are so varied, the treatment is tailored to the cause. Maxoza is an antioxidant, and Fertyl M increases secretion of the male hormones responsible for production of sperms. So, if you have had a proper consultation with an XXXXXXX / urologist and a proper evaluation ( history, physical examination, genital examination, ultrasound of the testes and scrotum, hormonal blood levels ), then a cause for the low sperm count would have been identified. If you can tell me the diagnosis provided by your doctor, then yes, I can tell you if the treatement is adequate and reliable. Otherwise, many doctors empirically give this treatment for a few months, and then repeat the semen test, to avoid costly investigations - even this is acceptable. All the best Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow-up: Prescribed with feryl m and maxoza after semen analysis. Suggest 2 hours later
my doctor is going through semen analysis and blood tests and she advised long i will take this treatment.please clarify.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Could you please upload the test results and the doctors' prescription , so that I can guide you better ? Generally the treatment is provided for 3 - 6 months, after which, a repeat semen analysis report is done to assess improvement. Take care.