Prescribed with duoluton. May I know the side effects?

Mar 2016

I have been advised to take duoluton l for 2 cycles. this has been recommended to remove the cyst. May I know the side effects? I am 44 years old still having perfectly regular periods
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing us.

Duoluton-L contains levonorgestrel + ethinylestradiol and used to treat ovarian cyst. Low carbohydrate diet, hormonal medication, regular physical exercise to control body weight are the key component of treatment protocol for ovarian cyst.

Side effects: Nausea & vomiting, dizziness, fatigue, headache, abdominal pain, breast tenderness, irregular spotting, depression, skin rashes, disturbance of appetite, weight changes, fluid retention, change in libido, hair loss, thrombosis etc. However, these are seen in long term used and vary women to women.

Initial pill user may find some side effects till the body is adjusted with hormone. They will overcome with the time.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through