Ask a Urologist   »  

Prescribed with clobaderm for painful urination. What could be the cause for burning sensation?

Hi I have a pain on passing urine.. The pain I think is at the entrance of the vagina.. It only last whilst I'm passing urine.. It's a stinging/burning sensation.. I've developed the problem only recently on & off for the past two months.. Noticed it happens after my monthly cycle is complete.. I've been to my GP, who says there was a cut, which may be causing the pain.. & prescribed clobaderm. I've applied this as requested, but it's made no difference. Could it be that my coil is causing the problem? I'm nearly 49.
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Hari Om Chandrakar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Its UTI, take antibiotics and plenty of fluids Detailed Answer: Hi, If I were your treating Doctor for this case of pain, burning, stinging on passing urine , I would have started a thorough empirical antibiotic therapy and diagnosing the the disease clinically as UTI (urinary tract infection). You are hereby advised to have your routine and microscopic urine examination done to see for any visible crystals or any cells in urine.You are also advised to have culture and sensitivity test of urine sample done to see for specific bacteria and its compatible antibiotic. You are also advised to drink plenty of fluids 10-12 lt per day to flush out the bacteria from the system. I don't think the contraceptive coil is causing all this, and yeah you are also advised to abstain from sexual activities till your drug regimen ends. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Regards Dr Hari Om Chandrakar MBBS