Prescribed with clindamycin for painful lesions on the inner thigh. Permanent cure?

i have cycs on my inner thigh and i mean a lot of the the doctor call it some type of diese and gave me clindamycin
for it and it does not help do you know and place were the would cut it out . or have something you might know that will work. the pain is so bad i have lanced all of them and they just keep coming back
Posted Sun, 24 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Going by the details provided by you the possibility of furunculosis comes to my mind.

This is basically an infection of the hair root which causes swelling and pain.

However, I need to see a picture of your lesions to be sure of the diagnosis.

You may upload the picture using the "upload your reports" feature on the query page or you may send it to YYYY@YYYY with SUb: Attn Dr Gaurang.

I shall be in a better position once I see the pics.

In the meantime you may use Mupirocin (Bactroban) ointment twice daily.

Awaiting your response