Prescribed with benazepril and metoprolol. Should I take both medicines at the same time?

Dec 2012

My doctor has prescribe 20 mg of benazepril and 25 mg of metoprolol. Should I take both at the same time or say one in the morning and one in the evening?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Timing does not matter actually Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX Well both medications can be taken at the same time or at different times, it will not matter much. For convenience both can be taken at the same time, especially to avoid forgetting any. Both are high blood pressure medicines. Benazepril is an ACE inhibitor where as metoprotol is a beta-blocker and could be taken simultaneously. The effect of benazepril can last for 24 hours and starts acting within the hour. Where ast, he effect of metoprolol lasts between 3-6hours and you could take in the morning same time with benazepril. Hope this helps and wish you the best. Dr. Nsah