Prescribed with bactrim long ago. Is it safe to take the medicine?

I have an antibiotic (Bactrim generic) that was prescribed 10 months ago. Is it safe to take.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Obtain new prescription. Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for sending the question. This medication might not be toxic but I can assure you that it will probably not be as effective as a fresh prescription for whatever you're thinking about taking this prescription to address. if you believe you have some type of bacterial infection I would recommend that you touch base with your primary care physician to see if this is medication that would be appropriate for what you're dealing with. Thanks again for sending your question. Dr. Galamaga