Prescribed with ascorbil and candid cream for ringworm infection. What is the cause for persistent cough and nasal block?

Hi, I'm having ringworm infection. Taken CBC it is fine with no signs of infection.but I'm having persistent cough for more than 4 weeks.alone. With nasal i cannot smell anything. Are they related? Had temperature for iicouple of days but now fine but very tired...doc advised ascorbil and montek l.c and candid cream for ringworm. But wat do my signs and symptoms indicate.doc had suspected of malaria,typhoid due to chills n fever with sweat. However no fever now. Pl help me....I'm very confused. My urine and blood reports are normal.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Viral illness : Supportive Care required. Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope to help you in the same. Now first of all, I would like to tell you that the skin problem that you are having is not related to the systemic illness that you have. Ringworm infections are pretty common in nature and they will most likely subside only with the application of the agent that you have advised which is candid cream. The other problems that you are having most likely seem to be a part of a viral illness. You had fever along with other symptoms but now as you say the fever has started to subside. You have been given treatment on the lines of a viral fever in the form of an antihistamine along with vitamin c. I think you should not be worried and you should continue the same treatment as advised since the fever in cases of malaria, typhoid and other such diseases is very high grade and does not subside without proper treatment. So there is very less chance of any other illness. You just continue to take vitamin c and montair lc . In addition, you can take tablet paracetamol if there are any episodes of fever or body pain. Be adequately hydrated. Drink plenty of fluids and water. Only if the fever with chills continue to persist, you might have to get a blood film analysis done to rule not malaria. Urinary tract infections can also lead to fever with chills. So if you have any burning urination, you might as well get a urine analysis done. As far as the cough and cold is concerned, montelukast and antihistamines will take Care of it. Hope it helps, If you have any other query, please let me know. Dr Geetika Paul.