Prescribed with amlodipine besylate for blood pressure. Suggest the right medication?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I have a prescription for amlodipine besylate, 5 mg. for blood pressure.The previous bottle had oval pills. The new prescription has a round pill with looks like I P 7 on the pill. That doesn't show up in the pictures on the pill identifier, and I want to be sure I was given the right medicine.
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 12 minutes later
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
I can reassure you that this is a tablet of amlodipine 5mg. Tablets from different manufacturers can have different appearences.
I hope this has helped you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,