Prescribed with Nacfil and Obimet to increase fertility. Diagnosed with PCOS. Trying for conception

Hi , i got married in 2010 and planning for a baby for last yr. but my doctor has given me nacfil and obimet sr to increase my fertility. i was dignoised with poly cystic ovaries .plz advise if it is good to take the medice
Posted Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Polycystic ovary is a condition in which there is an imbalance of a woman's female sex hormones. This hormone imbalance may cause changes in the menstrual cycle, skin changes, small cysts in the ovaries, trouble getting pregnant and other problems.

As you have written you having PCOS.You need to take these tablets to have normal ovulation which is must to conceive.

Do not worry, take treatment as advised and it is proper also.

Please keep regular follow up with your doctor.Once the problem is under control you will definitely conceive.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Wishing you all the best of health.