Prescribed with LVP500 for tonsillitis and having rashes on face and chest. Is it a side effect?
User rating for this question
My husband was diagnosed with tosilitis yesterday and they have prescribed him LVP500 which he has been taking for the last 48hours. Tonight he has just broken out in a red rash over his face and upper chest. Is this a reaction from the medication? Should we do anything immediately?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Side effect of medication Detailed Answer: Hi, A late reaction to the medicine. They are not serious most often. It is better to stop the medication and visit the doctor for alternate antibiotics. I guess LVP 500 is a penicillin group, is it? They have several reports of such rash after using such antibiotics. I hope he is not consuming alcohol during this antibiotic period. Apply caladryl lotion over the rash and take antihistamine medication like Claritin. Hope this helps.
People also viewed
- On metoprolol tartrate and citalopram hydrobromide for blood pressure
- Tonsillitis caused from pinworm medicine
- Suffering from itchy skin problemon legs and calves cure
- Side effects of no tonsils
- Side effects tonsils meth
- Side effects after tonsil removal
- Cunninglingus and sinus infections
- Having food indigestion what to do
- Methadrone throat infection swollen lips
- Have blood blister soaked in salt water still increasing
- Side effects of smoking weed with tonsillitis
- Ear lobe discharge
- What does it mean when you have random nosebleeds in my sleep
- Can cold or flu create pressure in ears
- Hiccups a side effect of tonsillitis