Prescribed with Duvadilan before airtravel during pregnancy. Is it safe for the baby?

HI...I am in my sixth month of pregnancy and have to airtravel from Mumbai to chennai next week for offcial work. My gynaec has prescribed duvadilan to be taken 3 times 2 days piror to the journey onwards till I return. Is duvadilan safe for the baby? Are there any side effects
Posted Thu, 14 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 29 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us

Yes duvadilan is safe in pregnancy. It contains isoxsuprine hydrochloride which prevents premature labour pains

It is always advisable to take it while travelling during pregnancy

Best wishes
Follow-up: Prescribed with Duvadilan before airtravel during pregnancy. Is it safe for the baby? 11 minutes later
Thank you doctor. One quick question. Should I take this pro-actively before the travel dates or take it only if I experience pain or contractions
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 14 hours later

You should take it before travel dates so that your body gets used to the new drug rather than trying while travelling