Prescribed with Cetaphil cleanser and Azeliac topical cream. Can Clarisonic be used with these medications?

I am on my fith day of starting a new regimen after going to a dermatologist. It is cetaphil gental cleanser and azeliac acid topical cream. I have two ?

One: can it make acne worse before getting better, which I have read with some peoples review and mine has gotten a little worse.

Two: I have a clarisonic which I haven't used for two days due to wanting to know if this is ok with acne prone/active acne??
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 6 hours later

1. Cetaphil is a moisturizer which prevents the skin from excessive dryness. Azaleic is an anti acne which reduces pigmentation also. All these takes two to four months. Your acne could have been worsened due to previous micro comedones which is becoming prominent now.

2. Regarding the next medication, I can't comment as I am not aware of the content. Is it Clindamycin? If yes, you can continue to use it. Let me know if the content is something else.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Prasad pvs