Prescribed vyvanse. Have been radiating heart failure from this medicine. Suggest?

My doctor recently prescribed me to 50 mg vyvanse. I sometimes take more than one when I feel like 1st dosage wears off...I've been reading about heart failure from taking this medication and I'm getting kinda scared..I have some of those symptoms but only when I take more than 1 dosage...Idk, kind of hard to explain but hope u understand what I'm saying. Just trying to figure out if what I'm feeling is VERY serious?
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Dear madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well carefully going through your history I see that you are taking lisdexamfetamine which is indicated for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder .

The starting dose is 30 mg once daily in patients ages 6 and above. Dosage may be increased by 10 mg or 20 mg at weekly intervals up to maximum dose of 70 mg/day.

But if you take 50 mg twice it will account to 100 mg and thus exceeding the maximum dose and leading to whatever side effects you are getting .

I strictly advise you against the overdosage and consult your doctor for increasing the dose . These drugs are CNS stimulants and should be taken carefully.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti