Prescribed trimethoprim for water infection. Had sex after taking antibiotic. What are the chances of pregnancy?

I was prescribed trimethoprim for 3 days as i had a water infection. A day after the course of antibiotics my boyfriend and i had sex. I am on microgynon and have been for 3 years is there a chance the antibiotic could reduce the affect of the pill as we didnt use any other form of contreception. Can i get pregnant from this?
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 23 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Ideally Women prescribed antibiotics ( except rifampicin and griseofulvin) should use a barrier method until 7 days after completing the course of antibiotics.
You do stand a chance of getting pregnancy although chances are less.

I hope I am clear however you may ask any other query.
Best of luck