Prescribed to hydroxyzine for itching, weigh about 300 lbs. Suggest dosage?

I weigh about 300 lbs. Would taking 50 mg of Hydroxyzine every 4 hours be too much? I'm currently prescribed to take 1 50 mg capsule every 6 hours for itching and by the end of the 4th hour the itching drives me crazy. With my body weight, would it be safe to take 6 capsules a day instead of 4?
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for the query.

The usual adult dose of Hydroxyzine for pruritus(Itching) is 25 mg orally 3 to 4 times a day.
It is advisable to follow is doseage and not exceed for safety reasons.

Already you're taking more than the prescribed dose. So don't increase it further.

100 mg of Hydroxyzine 4 times a day is indicated for Anxiety patients.

Hope this answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.