Prescribed sandoz regestrone for missed period. Had unprotected sex. Chances of getting pregnant?

Mar 2013
hello doctor..i had my last period on march 9th.n i dint get my periods this month. i have lost 5 kgs by exercising in march..n two days back..i meant n 21 st april.. i had sex with my boyfriend..for d first time in my life..he had his pre-cum n then tried entered i cudnt handle d pain.he dint enter der any chance of me gettin pregnant?+ i hadd diz periods delay too..i thought ,il take a case if i become pregnant.i dnt knw wat to take:(please help!!!!
i cnsulted a doctor yesterday..she gave me sandoz regestrone 5 mg 2 get my scared if i may become pregnant..plzz helpp
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 6 minutes later
If penetrative vaginal sex has occurred, chances of pregnancy are definitely there.
Of course, chances are less around the dates you mention, and you are also not sure if penetration actually occurred.
Other leading reasons of absence of periods are anxiety, stress, emotional upheavals, personal crisis, rapid and recent weight gain or weight loss, hectic travelling or exercise, thyroid and adrenal hormone disturbances, deranged prolactin levels, polycystic ovaries, ingestion of hormonal medication etc.
Exercise and rapid weight loss plus stressing out over pregnancy could also be reasons in your case.
As you have consulted a doctor, she would have ruled out pregnancy before prescribing progesterone tablets to you.
Please have faith and take the prescribed treatment.

Also, in future, use condoms or regular birth control pills while being sexually active.
DO not worry.
Take care, and feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Prescribed sandoz regestrone for missed period. Had unprotected sex. Chances of getting pregnant? 5 minutes later
she prescribed me sandoz?thtz for periods? then wat abt d chances f me getting pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 29 minutes later
Regestrone is progesterone which is used to induce withdrawal bleeding in absence of periods.
She would have been absolutely sure you are not pregnant, if she prescribed you the above.
Follow-up: Prescribed sandoz regestrone for missed period. Had unprotected sex. Chances of getting pregnant? 10 minutes later
hmmm fine.but am so scared tat..wat if i get pregant in d meanwhile?eied for i-pill .but i-pill is banned danm scared..dctor please suggest me some birth control pills tat are waily available in market. ?can i take them along wit sandoz?if i dnt get my period after 2 days,,i can avoid pregnancy later na?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 minutes later
You cannot get pregnant in the meanwhile if you did not have sexual intercourse after that episode.
Please take the progesterone for 5 days, then wait for a week for your periods.
Common birth control pills are Novelon, Femilon, Cerazette etc.
take them only after consultation with a gynecologist.