Prescribed percocet for pain after oral surgery. What should be the time interval?

General Surgeon
I had oral surgery today and typically have a very high tolerance to pain medication, which I told the surgeon. For it, he gave me percocet 5-325mg every 4 hrs as needed. The first dose wore off at the 3 hr XXXXXXX and the pain is becoming very strong again. Is it okay to take another pill at 3.5 hours?
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 13 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Its fine to take another pill at 3,5 hours after last one. You need to be careful to do not take more than 4 grams of acethaminophen (one tablets contains 325 mg so you should not take more than 12 tablets a day). One tablets every 4 hours is quite safe dosage. Please also note that Oxycodone if taken long enough can be addictive.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.