Prescribed omnocortil for skin problem. Accidentally given double dose. Any problem?

My kid is suffering with skin problem..... So, the doctor prescribed omnocortil.... By mistake I have given her double dosage ie instead of 5ml I have given 10 ml..... Would there be any problem.....
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Omnacortil 5 ml contains 5 mg prednisolone as you accidentally gave 10 ml, so you have given your child 10 mg of the same. As such this is in normal range of the dosing of drug in children and hence there is no need to panic. If your doctor in case prescribed 5 mg twice in a day dose that is morning and evening dose then miss the evening dose of the same. Otherwise continue with the dose prescribed by your doctor from next day onwards.
Hope that helps.
Should there be any other query, feel free to write back.
Follow-up: Prescribed omnocortil for skin problem. Accidentally given double dose. Any problem? 19 minutes later
Is omnocortil a steroid.... Will it have any side effects..... Is it suggestible for kids....
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 31 minutes later
Omnacortil is a steroid.
Steroids are wonder drugs as far as eczematous skin conditions are concerned. Steroids are safe when taken under doctor's guidance. Side effects arise when steroids are taken for prolonged period. So you need not worry.
I would like to know for what skin problem, it was prescribed and what were the other drugs that were given
Hoping to hear from you soon.