Prescribed novelon and folinine-d after abortion. Missed taking folinine-d for few days. Any complication?

Mar 2013
28 years old. I have get pregrenet last year but due to some family planning i have done abortion (DLC)(July2012) . After DLC doctor advice for avoid pregrancy at lest 6 months, and prescribe for medicine like. Tab Novelon for 4 cycle. After that take Folinine-D tablet for 3 months.
Now my question is form Last month i have take Folinine D tablet. and discontiue for 20 days. After that taken medicine again. My period cycle is March 12 and now start in April 04, and agin start in April 23. (20 day gap is there any complication)
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 34 minutes later
I would like to know the pattern of your previous menstrual cycles.
THe novelon is an oral contraceptive pill that was given to you to avoid a pregnancy.
Folic acid supplements are anyways required in childbearing age.
Shortened cycles ( occuring every 20 days ) could be due to stress, anxiety, rapid weight gain or loss, thyroid hormone disorders, endometrial fibroids or polyps, etc.
you need to consult a gynecologist again for detailed evaluation and testing to rule out causes of shortened cycles.
Folic acid discontinuation is not a reason for the problems.
Take care, and feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Prescribed novelon and folinine-d after abortion. Missed taking folinine-d for few days. Any complication? 26 minutes later
My previous menstrual cycles was 15Feb to 12March (Normal condition). Can I take folinine-D continue and also advice to some gynecologist near Delhi-Gurgaon area for full checkup or you may suggest.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Yes, you can continue to take folinine - D.
Please consult Dr. Prassan Vij at St. Stephens Hospital for detailed evaluation.