Prescribed micardisand aderall. Stopped micardis and BP was high. Started again. Suggest dosage?

I'm a 40 year old AF AM female with no history of heart trouble. Prescribed micardis hct 40/12.5, and aderal. Stoped taking micardis about three weeks ago. Blood pressure was 139/90 at 5 pm, took micardis Hct at 5:30. It's 11:30 pm ... and my BP is 148/98 . Can I take another micardis?
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Micardis HCT(Telmisartan+Hydrochlorothiazide) is prescribed as once daily tablet.

It is best avoided 4 hours before your bedtime to avoid having to get up for urination.

It has 24 hours action and do not repeat the dose now.

Be on regular treat to effectively control hypertension and to avoid the complication.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.