Prescribed medicine for oral herpes. Cured after cutting gluten from diet. Do I really have herpes?

So a doctor told me that i have oral herpes, about a year ago, even though i told her that the bumps only came up when i had certain foods that contained gluten. She performed no tests just flat out said it was herpes she seemed to be having a bad day. i have completely cut out gluten from my diet and since then never had a bump so i am convinced i don't have herpes. Will my medical records say that i have herpes? she prescribed me medication but i never took it.
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
If your doctor suspected the lesions to be due to herpes and prescribed you medicine for the same then your medical records will mention that history.
You can get the blood test done to rule out the infection in records.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Prescribed medicine for oral herpes. Cured after cutting gluten from diet. Do I really have herpes? 14 hours later
How can i go about getting blood testing done and around how much would that be? Wouldn't i need a skin graph to know wether or not it was herpes? Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
A blood test is a surer way to rule out herpes. The cost of the test varies from place to place and you can consult your physician regarding the same.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.