Prescribed levofloxacin for sinus infection. Accidentally took two pill. Will this cause any complication?

Feb 2013

I went into see a doctor for a sinus infection last week and was prescribed a ten - day course of antibiotics. Levofloxacin 500 mg. Today, I took two by mistake --I thought I'd forgotten my morning dose, but it turns out I'd taken it. I realized this when I counted how many were left. This was about 2 pm. I've not noticed any major side effects, but my heart is racing a bit (although it could be anxiety) and I feel some pain in my right side--but may be sore muscles. I won't take the dose tomorrow, but should I be concerned?

Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 24 minutes later
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
Nothing to worry and be relaxed as an extra tablet of levofloxacin may not lead to overdose.
But you report this incident to your doctor.
You can skip the tomorrow's dose of levofloxacin.
The racing of your heart could be due to anxiety as you said.
Observe for overdose symptoms like loss of balance or coordination, drooping eyelids, weakness, decreased activity, trouble breathing, sweating, and tremors.
If you find any above abnormal symptoms or signs call for emergency medical attention.
Hope you will be alright and with good health.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.