Prescribed letrozole during periods. Have PCOS problem. Is this medicine safe?

May 2013
i am 26 years old. my doctor has prescribed me cipla fempro tables letrozole USP 2.5 mg from 2nd day of period. bt i have read on the internet that those tablets should not be taken by premenoupause women..i have pcos problem also. plz advise. thank you
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Better to go for alternative drug Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Yes, according to few studies letrozole can cause side effects related to hypoestrogenism. It is banned in some countries. So better to go for clomiphene citrate, to include ovulation with your doctor's advice. Clomiphene can help in ovulation induction even in women having PCOD. The dose may differ from person to person. So consult your gynecologist, discuss these things and go for clomiphene with her advice. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.