Prescribed doxycycline for gonorrhea and chlamydia treatment for few days. Is this effective?

I have been prescribed and am taking 100mg doxycycline 2x day for 10 days for gonorrhea/chlamydia treatment-- how long will the medication and/or its effects be present in my blood after 10 days? Is this an effective treatment for these infections?
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 47 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Doxicycline for 10days is sufficient duration for Gonorrea/Chlamydia.
The drug is quite effective and curative for these infections.
The drug would be clear from the body in 3-4days and you can get the infection again if you have unprotected sex with infected partner.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.