Prescribed contraceptive pills after detecting follicle cyst in ovary. What should I do?

Mar 2016

Hello Doctor, I was having spotting between periods not much but very little so i consulted gynecologist . she told me to go for scanning of abdomen and pelvis. and result showed small follicle cycst in right ovary. so she prescribed XXXXXXX contraceptive pills . should i continue with the tablet .she told it will go by itself by months if u continously take for 3months .i am getting married in march so please guide me what is should do.
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: YES, YOU CAN TAKE XXXXXXX FOR 3 MONTHS. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. YES, you would continue the above medicine (YAMINI) for 3 months to alleviate small follicle cyst on the right ovary and regularize your monthly cycle. Combined oral contraceptive pills are the mainstay of treatment. It is taken for continuous 21 days on scheduled time with 7 days gap to get period. In addition, you have to follow some basic guideline to prevent recurrence: a) Low carbohydrate diet (avoid fatty or sugary beverage) with more green vegetables. Drink more water or take fruit juice. b) Regular moderate physical exercise by means of running/ jogging/ treadmill/ walking to reduce or control body weight. c) Avoid mental stress or depression by regular yoga or meditation for 15 to 30 min. Take adequate bed rest or sound sleep. Hope, above information is helpful to you. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Best wishes for your marriage. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW