Prescribed celebrex and endep for lower back pain and nerve pain in leg. Had vomiting with diarrhea. Suggest?

May 2013
I was prescribed celebrex and endep for lower back pain and nerve pain in my lgs. I took the first celebrex on Thursday night and had no reaction. Last night I took the first Endep with the celebrex and woke up about 8 hours later vomitting and with severe diarhoea. These symptoms have continued for 9 hours but are gradually diminishing. I have taken gastro stop and gastrolyte.
Will the symptoms disappear once the tablets are out of my system or should I go to the chemist and get some anti nausea medication?
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
stop endep, symptomatic treatment

Detailed Answer:
In general there was no drug interactions reported between celebrex and endep.
As you were fine after taking celebrex, possibly you can continue that with your doctor's advice.
And better to stop endep.
As your symptoms are decreasing now, possibly they will stop after elimination of the drug from the system.
If the symptoms recur you can go for symptomatic treatment.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.