Prescribed adipex, toprol for rapid heart rate and pristiq for anxiety. Is adipex safe?

I was just prescribed adipex 37.5 mg for 3 months and am currently taking toprol xl for rapid heart rate and pritiq for anxiety. My doctor seemed to think i would be ok taking the adipex but i am worried. I was wondering if someone else would give their opinion on whether or not they thought it was safe. My resting heart rate while taking the toprol is usually between 80-90 bpm.
Thank you!
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for query.
ADIPEX is a appetite suppressant and is prescribed to patients who are overweight.
This medicine is safe if used for for not more than few weeks as it is addictive.
There are few side effects like
Loss of libido etc.
You must report to your doctor if you experience such side effects.

Your resting heart rate is alright and you have been rightly prescribed TOPROL XL which is a beat blocker and controls pulse rate and BP.
PRISTIQ is an antidepressant being used for your anxiety.

Just relax and take the medicines as advised and report to your doctor in case of any side effect.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.

Follow-up: Prescribed adipex, toprol for rapid heart rate and pristiq for anxiety. Is adipex safe? 6 minutes later
Thank you so much! I was just worried about the adipex speeding up my heart rate but you have eased my mind a little. I will start taking it in the morning and see what happens :)
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
You start the medicine and see the response.
Best of luck.