Prescribed Xanex 1mg for anxiety. Can I drink with respiratory distress?

I am prescribed Xanex 1mg for anxiety as needed. I took 1mg this morning at 9am. I plan on going out tonight and drinking. Will it be safe as far as respiratory distress goes if i drink tonight? I understand the effects and all i just want to know if i will stop breathing during while i asleep?
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
That would be risky to do so.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. As you mentioned Xanax and alcohol should not be used together at the same time. It could cause respiratory arrest during sleep. In general, none of bezodiazepine medications should be used with alcohol. Even if you do not take xanax tonight, you will have not more than 20 percent decrease in your blood level of xanax. Let me know if you have any other questions. I wish you a good health.