Prescribed Xanax for panic. Will it show positive for hair follicle test?

I am legally prescribed Xanax for panic which I dissolve about .125 under the tongue. if my wife was to kiss me shortly after taking one, will she show positive on a hair follicle test
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, will not show positive result

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using XXXXXXX

Xanax contains alprazolam medication.
Through sublingual route it is absorbed rapidly into circulation( blood vessels) directly. Most of the drug enters blood immediately, only small amount of drug may be left in oral cavity, through kissing immediately only small amount of medication would have entered into her mouth. that amount of medication is not sufficient to show positive results.
Need not worry.

Hope this answered your question.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries or doubts and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wish you good health. Take care.