Prescribed Telekast F. Have sticky cough, throat pain. Smoker. What do you suggest?

ENT Specialist
My Doctor has given me Telekast F. This tablet is given for which illness. Secondly, I am a heavy smoker and I am having quite ab ad cough. The cough that comes out is quite sticky and I have some pain also in my throat. What do you suggest.
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 53 minutes later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through query As you asked about tab telecast F, I would like to say this is an anti allergic tab and is given in allergic disorders of nose, throat and chest.

Your second query is that you are a heavy smoker and having chronic and severe cough.Therefore these investigatins are necessary to diagnose your disease-
(a) X-Ray chest P.A.view.
(b) Culture and sensitivity of throat swab.
(c) Direct Laryngoscopy.
(d) blood- CBC,ESR, blood sugar -F. & P.P.
(e) Urine - Routine & Microscopic.

After this thorough examination of throat and chest is necessary and there co-relation with inferences of above investigations will tell about correct diagnosis which accordingly may be manage.

With Regards.