Prescribed Secnil forte and clingen ovules after pap smear test. Also lactacyd perenial wash. Side effects?

Excellent

Question
after a papsmear, my doctor prescribed me secnil forte (2 tabs in a single day) and clingen ovules for 7 nights
also lactacyd perenial wash. What are the side effects and how effective is the medicine
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for this query.

I am Dr. Ditah and feel honored providing answers to your health query today. Please, keep doing your regular pap smears as this is the most effective tool for the fight against cervical cancer.

These are very good drugs. Put together, they contain antifungals and anti bacterials which cover for a majority of the causes of vaginal infections like Gardnerella vaginalis(vaginitis), vaginal candidosis and other bacteria infections.

Lactacyd perineal wash is used to restore the vaginal flora and used as an adjuvant in treating vaginal infections.

Since most of these drugs are ovules and creams which are applied locally, the will not have any side effects on the general system.

The only drug that should be of concern is secnil forte. The side effects include gastro-intestinal upset like nausea, vomiting, feeling bloated etc. Please, avoid alcohol consumption while you take this drug for fear of disulfiram like effects(feeling like a drunk!). Over all, there are no major side effects to be feared.

Hope this answers your query fully.
Wish you good health and if you do have any further questions related to the above, please I am more than happy to provide answers to them.
Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: Prescribed Secnil forte and clingen ovules after pap smear test. Also lactacyd perenial wash. Side effects? 13 hours later
I have found the diagnosis to be trichomoniasis. Is the medicicnes measure above are the ones I really need. Do I have to take any other medication.

Thank you so much. Also please let me know if this can lead to cervical cancer. Is it going to affect my husband as well

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 22 minutes later
Hi and thanks for this follow up questions and information.

I cannot believe I forgot to mention trichomoniasis in the response. A single dose of secnil forte alone is adequate for its complete treatment.

Trichomoniasis cannot lead to cancer of the cervix. But because this is a sexually transmitted infection, it may signal unsafe sex practices that make the likelihood of acquiring infections like HPV which are the number one risk factor for cervical cancer.

Because it is sexually transmitted, yes. He may need a urethra smear to confirm this or simply take the same dose of secnil fort as you did.

Hope i have answered your query fully.
If you have no follow up questions, you may consider closing the discussion.
Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: Prescribed Secnil forte and clingen ovules after pap smear test. Also lactacyd perenial wash. Side effects? 1 hour later
Dear Doctor,

Thank you so much. If both of us take this tablet, is there a chance of relapse, provided there is no other source of infection. Will it be completely cured?

I would like to add that both of us never had any other partner as to my belief for the last 4 years atleast.

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 8 hours later
Hi and thanks for this follow up questions.

If you both are treated and there is no other source of infection, then relapse is not possible. But reinfection is still possible if you get exposed.

Trichomoniasis is contracted through sex. Most people who have it don't realise it because of the absence of symptoms. I don't know whether one of you had it before committing to each other and have been without symptoms until recently.
What i am certain of is this, it is gotten through sex.

Thank you so much for the confidence bestowed n me. Hope you do find y answers helpful. Please, remember to rate the answer and write a short review to enable us improve on our services.
Wish you a good health.
Dr, Ditah, MD.