Prescribed Rosuvas F for high triglycerides. Want to know side effects of medication

My Triglycerides is 380 and My Dr advised me to take Rosuvas F once a day, I want to know any side effects for this. I am 31 year Male.

Is there any other way to reduce this?
Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 52 minutes later

Thanks for writing in,

Tablet Rosuvas F is good medicine for high triglyceride in the blood. Usually it is very well tolerated but if continued for long time it might have few side effects.

It may produce some side effects on liver and kidney.

It can give rise to some gastric symptoms like nausea, constipation, stomach upset.

It has tendency to produce headache, dizziness, loss of sleep, muscular pain.

Some time it may produce some altered skin sensation, burning etc.

Go for regular physical exercise like running, jogging, and swimming daily for 30-40 minutes for 5 days in a week to keep triglyceride in control. Avoid sedentary life.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask; I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.