Prescribed Oxybutynin Chloride. What is this medicine for?

I just received several prescription which my doctor ordered and i have seen and used all of them before with the exception of Oxybutynin Chloride 5mg. I don't have a clue as to what this is for.. I am about to send him a note but can you tell me what this medication is for.. Looks like bladder control to which i don't have a problem. Any help?
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

Yes, Oxybutynin Chloride 5mg tablet is used for relief of symptoms of bladder instability that may be due to neurogenic causes.

You seem to have a significant medical history with Parkinson’s, peripheral neuropathy, replacement of left shoulder, quadruple by pass. I am glad you are doing well.

In none of these conditions, Oxybutynin is used as a primary medication. You must send your doctor a note asking for clear indications for its use in you.

Until then you may want to withhold the drug.

Let me know the progress.