Prescribed Ovipure for pregnant wife.

Question
my wife has been recommended ovipure hp 5000 twice a week. presently the pregnnacy is 6 weeks complete
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Radhika 43 minutes later

You have provided me with good information.
Your wife has been given Ovipure HP 5000 during her pregnancy. She is also on other medications to sustain her pregnancy. She also had history of 2 missed abortions.

Ovipure is normally given for those trying to get pregnant or have had a few miscarriages. This hormone, is responsible for keeping the fertilized egg from being shed with a woman's monthly period and helps maintain the embryo in the first trimester of pregnancy.

For women who are having difficulty conceiving or maintaining a pregnancy, this shot might keep the growing fetus alive until other hormones take over in the second trimester of pregnancy.

Some doctors will prescribe this shot for the first trimester of a woman's pregnancy, if she has a history of first trimester miscarriage.

Some common side effects will be seen during this treatment like fatigue, headache, irritability, abdominal discomfort and water retention.

I suggest her to continue the treatment as suggested by her Gynecologist.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Prescribed Ovipure for pregnant wife. 15 hours later
she is not in favour of injections as they are very painful and she is not able to cope up with the side effects, if u could suggest an alternate mode.

Answered by Dr. Radhika 23 hours later

Thanks for the follow up and sorry for the delay.

There are various types of Human chorionic Gonadotrophin (Ovipure) available. You will get it in tablet or nasal spray form too. But you will need to discuss this with your Gynecologist for changing it.

Follow-up: Prescribed Ovipure for pregnant wife. 13 hours later
what is ur opinion about changing the mode from injection to pills or the nasal spray. will it be as effective as the injection.

Answered by Dr. Radhika 10 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

The injection form is always much better because there will be increased absorption thus increasing their effectiveness.

So I would also suggest the injection form of therapy.