Prescribed Novelon for PCOD. Have breast soreness and intermittent pain. How long will this take to go?

I was diagnosed with mild pcod symptoms 4 years ago and was prescribed novelon ocp for 6 months. Then it ws fine. Now me and my husband want to start contraception and he doesnt want to use a condom and hence i started with novelon in the last week. I have slight irregular periods also...and had a few queries

1. I am having mild breast soreness and intemittent mild pain long will this take to go?
2. I am feeeling weak and exhausted..could be due to my hectic travel schedule..could i take multivitamins with the pill?
3. Recently twice...i had chest pain in the upper middle part for 5 seconds and it went away. I was in a mall..there was no shortness of breath or sweating.recently it happened jut fter i ate food... This has left me very confused..could it be blood clot? But i dont have any history or pain in cals etc

What should i do?
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
1. The mild breast soreness that you are having is likely to be due to the contraceptive you are taking. This usually passes off in 4-6 weeks.
2. The feeling of exhaustion could be related to the hectic schedule. Taking multivitamins along with the pills is not going to harm you.
3. The chest pain you had after eating is likely to be due to reflux esophagitis. This usually happens after having a XXXXXXX meal or caffeine. Try to avoid taking hot, oily and spicy food. Taking an antacid after meals will be helpful in reducing such symptoms.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Prescribed Novelon for PCOD. Have breast soreness and intermittent pain. How long will this take to go? 20 minutes later
Thanks doctor. The chest pain once also happened when i was on empty stomach.

Can i have antacid regularly? Like omez or famocid? Or only after heavy meals?

My weakness ans exhaustion sometimes also leads to body pain.. I will start taking multivitamins.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
You can take the antacids like Digene gel after meals for a few days regularly.
Proton pump inhibitors like Omez are recommended if the symptoms are not relieved by antacids. These are to be taken on an empty stomach for 2 weeks.
Taking multivitamins and electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids will help in decreasing bodyaches and fatigue.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.