Prescribed Menabol for Fanconi's anemia. Done LFT. What is the side effect and how can it be controlled?

disease :- fanaconia anemia
medicine :- menabol & homoeopathic
for iron - feronia xt
hi i m 15 yrs old female. CURRENTLY my gamma gt goes to 216 , alk. phosphatase goes to 277, hb 6.1, TLC 4300, PLATELET 0000 & a/g ratio 1.08. what is the side effect and how it can be controlled.
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later

The medications like Menabol (Stanozolol) though is very essential in you it could be harmful considering your liver condition.

Stanazolol is known to affect the liver ,since the liver enzymes in you are increased considerably care has to be taken for the same.This is by consuming fat and spice free food.Also do take Liver protective ayurvedic preparations like LIV 52.

The homeopathic medication you mentioned could not have any serious effect , since most of them are in their dilute form.

The Feronia XT too, does not cause serious side effects other than mild gastric irritation.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Prescribed Menabol for Fanconi's anemia. Done LFT. What is the side effect and how can it be controlled? 16 hours later
growth of the above said patient has sustained. please suggest the best possible ways.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 30 hours later

I apologize for the delay.Do apologize again as I could not understand your follow up query.

Kindly, re-frame the query.I shall be here waiting to reply.