Prescribed Maoxmac, coldmac and cophin syrup for cold, sore throat and upper respiratory tract infection. Are medicines correct?

I am feeling feverish, cold, sore throat and other upper respiratory tract infections since sunday evening.. i consulted physician yesterday and he prescribed following medicine. ...could you please look into this and suggest any thing to be added/removed --Moxmac, coldmac and cophin syrup
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: prescribed medicines are perfect Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX, I have read your query. The prescribed medicines are perfect for your ailment now. Please continue to take them and complete the course of treatment. I suggest my patients, steam inhalation, warm salt water gargling, warm ginger milk with turmeric, and adequate rest at home, to get well soon. You may try this as well. I wish you quick recovery. Regards,
Follow-up: Prescribed Maoxmac, coldmac and cophin syrup for cold, sore throat and upper respiratory tract infection. Are medicines correct? 14 minutes later
Thank you very much Dr. Shanthi. Follow up question - During the examination Dr./Physiciaan noted my BP reading as 150/90 and mentioned that it is slightly on higher side but not to worry much. Is this due to fever/cold cough? Is there any thing I should be worried and start taking necessary action to keep the BP under control -may be work-life balance, diet and excercise? can you please suggest remedy?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: repeated recordings of BP is required Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Your BP reading at 150/90 is above the normal. You need repeated recordings of the same. If your reading still remains at the same, when taken at 3 different intervals, then you will need further evaluation. Also, I consider your age at 43 yrs for this. I would recommend that you record your blood pressure on three different occasions, and check if it still the same. If yes, then you must go for lifestyle changes for initial 3 months, and then medications, if required. All the three- work-life balance, diet and exercise are important to regulate the blood pressure. Hence, make sure that all are in right direction. You may start walking regularly for a better health. It is also better to get a basic cardiac and lipid profile work up done, if not done earlier. Hope this helps you. Regards,