Prescribed MCBM tablets. Will it be safe to take this medicine?

Hello Doctor, I've been prescribed MCBM -69 tablets for 4 months. Is it ok for men to take these tablets? my hb is 15 , B12 is 248pg/ml , Vitamin D is 10.72 ng/ml. Please advise.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 43 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
It is completely perfect to take mcbm tablets in men also. It contains folic acids which helps vitamin b for synthesis of haemoglobin. Your haemoglobin looks normal. However vitamin b12 level is marginally low.
Can you please elaborate what are symptoms you are suffering from? Have you done folic acid test?

Looking forwards for your response.

Follow-up: Prescribed MCBM tablets. Will it be safe to take this medicine? 6 minutes later
Thank you doctor. Here are my folic acid levels - 7.3 ng/ml. Lately i have lot of hairfall and bit tired and as per my yearly checkup, i did a complete blood work + ECG + Echo to ensure everything is normal. Few of them revealed that i had less of folic acid, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D deficiency. Do you think this is abnormal or indicative of any other illness? Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 4 minutes later
Hi welcome back.
That's why you have been prescribed folic acid. It is not indicative of any specific disease or illness. It is just a deficiency in Indian due changed diet habits. It is found in many people. So need not to worry about that.
Just continue the tablets and do follow after 4 months. Folic acid will help vit b12 no need of other supplements.

Follow-up: Prescribed MCBM tablets. Will it be safe to take this medicine? 11 minutes later
Thank you Doctor. Does a higher level of Homocystein (19.08 umol/L) is because of B12? Is this the cause of low Vitamin levels? Thank you again.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 6 hours later
Hi, welcome back. .
Homocysteine has very different function at molecular level. It is not associated with vitamin levels. So we can't correlate the both.