Prescribed Lexapro and suggested to stop cymbalta. Advice

I am on Cymbalta 30mg. and was sent Lexapro 10mg and told to stop Cymbalta. Called Dr. office, that has me on the Cymbata and they did not call the Lexapro in but,Caremark said they did.Know that is wrong. Assume they put in for the wrong patient.This is very XXXXXXX and worries me. I know they are to blame,but proving it would be hard. I did not take them but still have the med here.
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Reportable event Detailed Answer: Dear patient, Thanks for the query. I am sorry that you were involved in such mistake, but congratulate you for questioning the situation and avoiding a wrong prescription. Unfortunately, you are not alone, and thousands of patients suffer from these errors; there are many systems in place to decrease them, but still no perfect solution. I encourage you to continue to verify your prescriptions with the corresponding doctor's name, your physical address and full name, and always carry a list of your medications in your purse or wallet. Hope that helps, wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN Cardiology