Prescribed Lexapro and suggested to stop cymbalta. Advice
User rating for this question
I am on Cymbalta 30mg. and was sent Lexapro 10mg and told to stop Cymbalta. Called Dr. office, that has me on the Cymbata and they did not call the Lexapro in but,Caremark said they did.Know that is wrong. Assume they put in for the wrong patient.This is very XXXXXXX and worries me. I know they are to blame,but proving it would be hard. I did not take them but still have the med here.
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Reportable event Detailed Answer: Dear patient, Thanks for the query. I am sorry that you were involved in such mistake, but congratulate you for questioning the situation and avoiding a wrong prescription. Unfortunately, you are not alone, and thousands of patients suffer from these errors; there are many systems in place to decrease them, but still no perfect solution. I encourage you to continue to verify your prescriptions with the corresponding doctor's name, your physical address and full name, and always carry a list of your medications in your purse or wallet. Hope that helps, wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN Cardiology
People also viewed
- Weight loss pills for obesity
- Will suprep treat bowel preparation?
- Mavic open pro tire size
- Can pepto bismol cure watery stools ?
- Prescribed lexapro and suggested to stop cymbalta advice
- Cymbalta compared to lexapro
- Will mintezol treat strongyloidiasis?
- Suggest alternative brands of cymbalta
- Cymbalta vs lexapro for anxiety
- Is levofloxacin related to penicillin
- How safe is taking lexapro over cymbalta
- Do i need magnesium supplements
- Insulin shots for weight loss
- Can valrelease cure startle disease ?
- Can megace es cure cancer, uterine ?