Prescribed Levofloxacin. Can I take Advil with an antibiotic?

is it ok to take Advil with an antibiotic? I was prescribed Levofloxacin 500mg yesterday and i feel worse now than before.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later

Yes, it’s absolutely OK to take ibuprofen with levofloxacin, there is no adverse interaction between these two drugs.

Ibuprofen itself can cause pain in upper abdomen, nausea and vomiting even if taken alone.

Can you please let me know for what reason have you been given these medications?

This can be a natural course of disease you are suffering from.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any other query I will be happy to answer.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.