Prescribed Fortamet, Onglyza, Glimipiride and Lantus. Suffer from type 2 diabetes. Safe to take these medications?

My primary care physician put me on Fortamet, Onglyza, Glimipiride and Lantus (Insulin) in order to control my Type 2 Diabetes. She feels I do not need to consult with an endochronologist because she has me controlled. I went on my own to see an endochronologist and we wants me off of all of the above meds and to take Victooza and the Fortamet. What is your recommendation? Several family members and friends say for me to do what the endochronologist said because he deals only with diabetics and knows best. I am a little concerned because his bedside manner was a bit dismissive and my primary care physician will not be happy since she feels she has lowered my a1c.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go with your endocrinologist.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well I think you should go with what your endocrinologist is saying . Victosa contains liraglutide that has got very good results. In my opinion he is right and you should go ahead as it will reduce the pill burden also .

Dr. Shruti