Prescribed Eltroxim and cobadex. Take it together? Thyroid results bad?

I have just been prescribed Eltroxim 100 mcg. My T3 is 182.60. My T4 is 9.14 and my TSH 3rd Generation is 9.210. I have for a long time now been taking the multivitamin tablet Cobadex, can I continue to take the Cobadex along with the Eltroxim. Are my thyroid results anything to be worried about?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Amit Rajput 1 hour later

Thank you for posting query here.

You can continue taking Cobadex along with Eltroxin, preferably under your doctor's guidance.

Currently you have hypothyroidism and have appropriately been prescribed Eltroxin for the same. You need not worry as your TSH values should be normal soon with the tablet. You must request your physician to rule out diabetes, hypertension and lipid disorder as sometimes these might be associated with hypothyroidism.

Hope I have answered your queries. I will be available to answer your follow up queries, if any.