Prescribed Distinil and Bifilac for bloated stomach. Suggest alternative medicine available in Chennai

Dear Doctor, I have tried to set a call back from the panel doctor from health magic regarding my bloated stomach. I got a call and the Doctor prescribed me a medicine - Distinil, Bifilac. Later we made a called back on drug unavailability for last 6 months - Distinil. alternative drug subscribed by him is also not available - No gas and Flatezee - charcoal tablets aren't available in prominent drug store in Chennai. Please advice and sugest appropriate drug for bloated stomach.
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 14 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

For bloated stomach I suggest to my patients Pantocid-L once daily for a month followed by plain pantocid for 2 months. In addition I also suggest Colospa (mebeverine) which they can use for couple of months for added benefits.
The aforementioned drugs are prescription drugs; therefore consult / discuss with your treating doctor. He/she can prescribe to you the same or alternative brands.

I also recommend dietary changes. Please restrict yourself to following items- Banana, XXXXXXX Rice, Curd, Black tea for at least 2 weeks.

Let me know the response to treatment after 1 month. Please also send me over any investigations that you have undergone for bloated stomach and I would be glad to review the reports for you.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Om Lakhani