Prescribed Diane for PCOS. Brown discharge between periods. Concerned?

Hi. I was diagnosed with PCOS couple of weeks ago and my doctor prescribed me to take Diane35 on my next periods. However, my periods didn't exactly come and I am having browinsh discharge for the past 7 days. The discharge started to occur exactly 30 days after my first brownish discharge last month. However, last month after some days of discharge I had my periods. This time, the discharge ended without any periods. I am really concerned. Should I just take medication and keep the same timetable in the future. Please let me know. SJS.
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The brownish discharge that you are having is likely to be due to the hormonal changes that are associated with the polycystic ovaries.
To regularize your periods, you should start taking XXXXXXX 35 as advised by your gynecologist. You can start it from this cycle now as you did not have any real bleeding in this cycle.
Once you start with XXXXXXX 35, you will have your regular periods during the pill free days and the hormonal disturbance is likely to normalize.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.