Prescribed Dexilant thinking I might have gastritis. Have constipation. Benefits of this medication?

Recently my "gastro" doctor gave me the medication Dexilant because she thought i might have gastritus. (wrong spelling?)However i don't have heartburn symptoms, is there any
benefits for me to take this medication? I do have constipation issues and was wondering if this medication is making this worse.

Another question has to do with the colonoscopy procedure verse and endoscopy procedure. What is the length of time to complete each of these procedures?
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Delighted to be able to help.

If your doctor thinks that you have gastritis, take the drug that you say
(dexlansoprazole) may be beneficial for you althought you do not have
acidity symptoms.Besides dexlansoprazole not worsen constipation.

About approximate time for realization of endoscopy is between 10 and 20 minutes for gastroscopy (endoscopy to see esophagus and stomach) or colonoscopy (endoscopy to see bowel).They are very effective procedures for the diagnosis of digestive pathologies and is performed under anesthesia-sedation the patient to minimize discomfort.

I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.

I wish you good health