Prescribed Amlokem-m for hypertension and cardiac infraction. Suggest?

My Doctor prescribed tablet Amlokem-m to my cousin aged 59 yrs female for hypertension and myo-cardiac infarction. Is it alright
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is alright

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query

Amlokem M is a combination drug containing amlodepine with metoprolol.
Amlodepine is a good long acting anti hypertensive and metoprolol is known to decrease the work load on the heart. It has shown to have properties to increase the survival of post myocardial infarction patients.
He is receiving the right combination and he should continue taking them. Please make sure you follow up with the cardiologist regularly

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries I will be happy to get back to you