Preperation of IVF procedure, prescribed Decapeptyl injection. Getting frequent heart palpitation. Suggest?

Infertility Specialist
In preperation of an ivf procedure the doctor has prescribed me an injection of "Dcatedtyl 3.75 gonapeptylcr" .. not sure of the spelling because I got it over the phone and the nurse's accent wants very clear.

I am currently experiencing heart palpitation quite frequently .. and would like to know if it's because of this injection.

Thank you

Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Very rarely due to injection.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Inj. Decapeptyl will very rarely cause heart troubles. If you do not have symptoms like breathlessness, pedal edema(swelling of feet) & if you can tolerate symptoms, no treatment should be required. If palpitations is bothering too much, you can consult physician for symptomatic treatment. If you have any of the symptoms described above,you need to consult physician/cardiologist immediately.
Let me know if you have other concerns.