Premature ejaculation, semen discharge within seconds. History of diabetes. Medication to improve sex life?

Question
due to diabitic problem I am totally fail to having sex with my patner it discharge with in a second can you guide me some medicine so that discharge will take time
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 15 minutes later

Thanks for your query. What you seem to be having is premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation(PE) is not uncommon and depends on multiple factors , the most common being psychological factors.

Medical causes of premature ejaculation include abnormal hormone level, reflex activity of ejaculatory system, thyroid problems, diabetes, hypertension and neurological causes. In your case, diabetes is an important cause and you should regularly monitor your blood sugar levels and diabetes medicines to keep it under check.

Also try the following treatment options:

1) Try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a XXXXXXX breath and stay relaxed during intercourse. Also do not worry about performance and talk to your partner openly about any apprehensions if you have.

2) Other treatment methods which can be followed are stop-start or squeeze-pause technique. In stop start technique, near ejaculation withdraw from your partner and relax and think about something else. In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute.

3)     If the symptoms persist then desensitizing creams and SRRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) may need to be prescribed for which you have to consult a urologist.

A urologist will be the best person to guide you through this.

Hope this answers your query.

If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Premature ejaculation, semen discharge within seconds. History of diabetes. Medication to improve sex life? 1 hour later
Sir
Can you advise me from your side good and costlier medicine which will help me better.because in front of doctor it is quite difficult for me to speak openly about this matter.Please advise me with medicine name.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 21 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

First of all a controlled blood sugar will help you a lot as diabetes seems the likely culprit in your case. Secondly lifestyle methods mentioned above should be tried first of all.

If premature ejaculation continues then SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) can be taken, but they are available under prescription and should be taken under a medical guidance.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards.